More Injuries from the Toronto Turf

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Machado felt some tightness in calf last night after charging ball. Knees fine. Other <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> also have some leg soreness after toronto</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">April 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Machado felt some tightness in calf last night after charging ball. Knees fine. Other <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> also have some leg soreness after toronto</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Has anyone from any other team reported injuries from the turf?

That happened last night at OPACY, not in Toronto.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Today the Orioles became the first team since 1983 to score all their runs in a game on a leadoff home run and a walkoff home run. The last team to do so was the Phillies in August 1983.  Joe Morgan led off, Ozzie Virgil walked off.
    • I remember watching that game.  I think he got HBP and didn't want to go down to 1st because he wanted a chance to hit his 4th HR of the day.  Anyways he was great player, a beast when he was healthy.   Such a shame about the hip.  
    • The O's hitters and the O's management seem to be in a MJ self induced haze right now.   No one is hitting, of those that are actually playing, and the O's brass is doing none of their players any favors with how they are 'managing' them. The only thing I really liked today was moving JW to leadoff and GH to cleanup.  Give that a few weeks. But there is no way Mullins, Hayes, Urias, and I could name 3 others.....should be playing right now.  They are auto outs and just killing the team. Bring back up Heston.  Let him play for 25 of the next 30 games.   Bring up Mayo.  Get him in the lineup almost every day at various positions.  Let Stowers play.  As the S Koreans like to day.....it doesn't matter.  There is no way shape or form that guys like Hayes, Mullins, and the other vets are going to win you a WS.    Play the young guys now while still winning and by Sept they may have a true WS contender.        
    • I started to look at it, but it was at page one of 166, so I will take your word for it. It was, a little bit funny to read all the angst about Shohei going to Toronto, laugh laugh laugh
    • Yeah, watching the game live I thought all the fans had pulled back. But that one guy did reach over and touch it before it landed. I guess they ruled (correctly) that it was already over the HR line at that point. Though this one wouldn't have been a HR before the "other" Camden Yards wall change-- when they shortened that RF wall in the early 2010s. 
    • Yeah, this is a very good team having a very lousy game, and winning anyway. But it’s like my friend wants said, “good players make their own luck.“
    • Do you have any concerns he could build bad habits that take advantage of the lower quality of defense in the minors? As in, the defense will get better as he continues to move up and his aggressiveness could cause him to run into outs?  I'm kind of on your line of thinking though, let him run.    
  • Popular Contributors